- MEDICAL COLLEGE
- BUSINESS SCHOOL
- STUDY ABROAD
- HOW TO APPLY
- OUR PROGRAMS
- AIC STUDENTS
If you want to develop your English knowledge to a high level, choose Avicenna’s English Foundation Program! Our English program will help you to improve your language skills, and after successful completion, you will easily pass the IELTS examination.
2012-2013 Academic Calendar at a Glance
Student groups are launched once a month with min. 10 registered students.
|3 September||First day of tuition|
|22-23 October||Public holiday|
|27 October||School day (compensation for 22 Oct, Monday program)|
|1-2 November||Public holiday|
||Assessment exam 1 (written)|
|10 November||School day (compensation for 2 Nov, Monday program)|
|17 December||Assessment exam 2 (written part)|
|18-20 December||Assessment exam 2 (oral part)|
|21 December-1 January||Winter holiday|
|2 January||Retake exam day (for Assessment 1 and 2)|
|3 January||First day of tuition|
|11 March||Assessment exam 3 (written)|
|15 March||Public holiday|
|18-22 March||Spring holiday|
|25 March||Parent Meeting|
|31 March-1 April||Public holiday|
|1 May||Public holiday|
|19-20 May||Public holiday|
|27 May||Assessment exam 4|
|28 May||Final exam (written)|
|29-31 May||May Assessment exam 4 (oral part)|
|5 June||Graduation ceremony|
|6 June||Retake exam day (for Assessment 3 and 4)|
|3 June||First day of tuition|
|20 August||Public holiday|
|22 August||Last day of tuition|
|23 August||Semester exam|
- Avicenna International College admits students all-through the year, therefore foundation program groups are launched at several dates. In order to start a group, minimum 10 students should register.
- Each group will get all the prescribed educational material in full.
- Depending on the actual date of arrival, students either attend English classes till the next group is launched or join the existing one. In the latter case the student should compensate for the missed material. If the student cannot compensate for the missed classes, he/she is transferred to the newly formed group and start the study material from the beginning.
- This overview calendar does not include the dates of Mid-level and Level exams in English and Weekly Progress Tests (WPT) in science. Level exams are arranged on the last session of each English level, WPTs are held every Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- A Assessment exam includes the material taught from the beginning of the year or between two successive Assessment exams.
- Final exam includes questions from the whole year material in each module.
- Further details about exam regulations and evaluation system are included in the Exam Regulations (Student Manual and AIC website).
- Dates of exams and other events may be subject to change. You should check the actual Academic Calendar every week/day on the AIC website. Always check www.avicenna.hu for more information.